Herb Dijon Roasted Chicken
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 whole roasting chicken gizzards and neck removed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine melted ghee (or coconut oil), mustard and lemon juice; rub mixture over the surface of the chicken then sprinkle evenly with seasonings (salt through rosemary).
- Place chicken in a large pan and roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through. Allow chicken to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before carving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed baby Brussels sprouts. NUTRITION: per serving: 797 Calories; 60g Fat; 58g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 261mg Cholesterol; 841mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 21
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!