Grilled Chicken Zucchini Salad
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded raw zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat grill to high heat and place chicken on grill.
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is white in the center. In a large bowl toss the next 4 ingredients (zucchini through pine nuts).
- Slice chicken and place on top of the tossed salad.
- In a food processor, blend the olive oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, parsley and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth, pour over the salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with steamed asparagus on the side. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 374 Calories; 20g Fat (48.5% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 85mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!