Greek Chicken with Wilted Spinach
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 tablespoons Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons crumbled low fat Feta cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a baking dish. Place chicken in the baking dish and evenly sprinkle with Greek seasoning, salt, pepper and half of the pressed garlic; bake, covered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add remaining garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add lemon juice and broth and, when heated through (not necessarily boiling), add spinach. Cover for 20 seconds then stir and repeat until spinach has wilted, being careful not to let it brown.
- Remove skillet from heat and place chicken on top; garnish with Feta cheese, if desired, then cover skillet and allow it to sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and plum (Roma) tomatoes; add a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: Skip the Feta cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Greek seasoning and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 220 Calories; 4g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 375mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!