Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (see recipe). In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 7 ingredients (garlic through black pepper); shake well to combine. Add shrimp and shake well to coat; seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, reserving marinade; cook shrimp for 2 minutes or until almost done and opaque; turn, add marinade and simmer for 2 minutes or until marinade is reduced and shrimp are done.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper and curry powder to taste). Add a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Curried Brown Rice instead of Curried Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to approximately the size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 225 Calories; 9g Fat; 24g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 939mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!