Fragrant and Spicy Slow Cooker Pork
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder roast trimmed
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl or cup, combine spices (coriander through paprika); rub into roast.
- Place roast in a lightly-oiled slow cooker. Add next 5 ingredients (garlic through bell peppers) then slowly pour broth and lemon juice over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until roast pulls apart easily with a fork. Pull roast apart, stir well and serve!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless turkey breast for pork roast. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 211 Calories; 7g Fat; 26g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 362mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!