Easy Italian Baked “Fried” Chicken
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs and legs
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 8 ingredients (garlic powder through black pepper); shake to combine. Add chicken and shake well to coat.
- Place chicken in a lightly oiled baking pan and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar); add a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears and whole black olives.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 190 Calories; 9g Fat; 23g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!