Coffee Awakened Roast
- 2 pounds beef roast
- 3 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee freshly ground is best (choose your favorite bold coffee)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- Rub the surface of the roast with the melted ghee (or coconut oil).
- In a small bowl, combine the finely ground coffee, salt, pepper and garlic; rub mixture over the roast then place it in a large slow cooker; top with remaining ingredients (honey through brewed coffee).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 634 Calories; 46g Fat; 40g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 157mg Cholesterol; 836mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 6 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!