Coconut Red Chili Pork Kabobs
- 2 pounds pork sausage chopped
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 large chili pepper minced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 large sweet potatoes peeled and cooked
- Heat a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add first 5 ingredients (sausage through crushed red pepper flakes);
- cook and stir for 10 minutes or until sausage is mostly cooked through.
- Add the kale then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl smash the cooked sweet potatoes with a fork. Serve sausage and kale over a large spoonful of smashed sweet potatoes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, radishes, cherry tomatoes, and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 1130 Calories; 92g Fat; 31g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 154mg Cholesterol; 1561mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 16 Fat. Points: 31
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!