- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed 4 (6-oz.) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 5 ingredients (Herbes de Provence through garlic). Add chicken and shake well to coat; place in a lightly-oiled baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, vinegar, honey and red onion; carefully pour mixture over chicken; bake, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella over the top and allow chicken to sit until cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Spaghetti Squash “Noodles” (cut squash in half lengthwise and place on a lightly-oiled baking sheet, cut sides down. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven till tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape squash out of the shell in long, [spaghetti-like] strands). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Angel Hair pasta instead of Spaghetti Squash “Noodles”. KOSHER: Omit Parmesan and substitute soy cheese for the Mozzarella. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Herbes de Provence, tomato sauce and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 298 Calories; 8g Fat; 47g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 941mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!