Cheeky Chilean Sea Bass
- 4 Chilean sea bass fillets 6-oz.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish for 3 to 4 hours (see recipe). Place sea bass and lemon juice in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat fish with lemon juice; refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove fillets from bag (discarding bag and lemon juice) and evenly sprinkle both sides with seasonings (salt through paprika).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets and sear for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip Fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with a little melted ghee or coconut oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 178 Calories; 4g Fat; 32g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!