Bloody Mary Steaks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Roma tomatoes halved, Roma
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 7-oz. flank steaks trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except steaks and coconut oil; pulse until smooth.
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade over the on top. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove steaks from marinade (discarding marinade) and place in the skillet; sear for 3 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to your preference.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 3 directions) and a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 446 Calories; 28g Fat; 40g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 1161mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!