BBQ Bacon Cheese Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 slices turkey bacon halved crosswise, 1-oz.
- 4 slices Provolone cheese 1-oz.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a lightly-oiled baking pan and season evenly with garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (tomato sauce through honey); spread mixture evenly over chicken then top each piece with a half slice of bacon. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Place a slice of cheese on each piece of chicken; bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). Add a relish tray of celery sticks, radishes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Substitute soy cheese for Provolone, or skip. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, mustard, and bacon are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 375 Calories; 13g Fat; 50g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 131mg Cholesterol; 1093mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!