Basil and Red Onion Pork Chops
- 1 8-oz. package angel hair pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped basil
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add pork chops and brown for 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, onion and basil.
- Return pork chops to the pan; bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (adding more broth if needed) or until chops are cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve over hot pasta.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, tomato sauce, and vinegar are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 283 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 333mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!