Balsamic Glazed Snapper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 red snapper fillets 6-oz.
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 7 ingredients (salt through vinegar); set aside. Place snapper fillets in a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch METAL pan (DO NOT USE GLASS BAKEWARE FOR BROILING!); top evenly with sliced onion and bell pepper then pour sauce over the top.
- Broil fillets for 4 minutes per side or until they flake easily when tested with a fork. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 180 Calories; 2g Fat; 36g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 444mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!