Bacon Embraced Steak
- 4 thick-cut beef filet mignons
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices black pepper bacon
- Wooden toothpicks
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH or use oven broiler.
- Evenly season filet mignons on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder then carefully wrap each in a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill (or broil) filet mignons for 3 to 7 minutes* per side (depending on thickness) or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: If bacon doesn’t fully cook or become crisp, you can quickly sear the sides on the grill or in a pan.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli rabe and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 320 Calories; 26g Fat; 20g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 619mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!