Asian Beef Stir-Fry
- 3/4 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 20 ounces frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a medium bowl, toss together steak strips, garlic, ginger, lime zest, salt and pepper; add mixture to a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat and cook until steak strips are browned (3 to 5 minutes) or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Add onion, mushrooms, cilantro and frozen veggies; stir for 1 minute. Add lime juice and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add soy sauce, coconut milk, broth and honey; blend well.
- Reduce skillet heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over hot brown rice; add steamed snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of beef, and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 220 Calories; 8g Fat; 16g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 28mg Cholesterol; 522mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!