Aromatic Pork Tenderloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins optional
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch thick cutlets
- In a slow cooker, place all ingredients except pork tenderloin; stir well to combine then top with pork tenderloin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender and falling apart.
- LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture); add braised kale on the side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for tenderloin. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 274 Calories; 14g Fat; 26g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!