Almond Basil Chicken Salad
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons low fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup halved seedless white grapes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast chopped, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook chicken. In a large bowl, toss together spinach, tomatoes, lemon zest, red onion and celery.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut cream, yogurt, lime juice, grapes, basil, almonds, chicken, salt and pepper; blend until grapes and chicken are well coated.
- Arrange spinach mixture on salad plates and top with creamy chicken salad. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: Use additional coconut cream instead of yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 288 Calories; 12g Fat; 32g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 69mg Cholesterol; 376mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!