Winter Spice Pot Roast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 pounds beef pot roast
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine spices (cinnamon through nutmeg); rub mixture into roast and place it in a large slow cooker.
- In the same small bowl, combine melted ghee (or coconut oil), honey and vinegar; blend well then pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 554 Calories; 42g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 149mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 5 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!