Walnut Basil Pesto Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves butterflied
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange chicken on a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch baking dish. In a blender or food processor, combine olive oil, Parmesan, walnuts, garlic and basil; pulse, scraping the sides and adding about 1/2 teaspoon of oil at a time, if needed to reach a smooth consistency.
- Spread equal portions of pesto in the chicken “pockets” then add equal amounts of Mozzarella and roasted red peppers.
- Pour lemon juice on top of chicken and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure roasted red peppers are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 331 Calories; 14g Fat; 46g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 703mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!