- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 3/4 cup onion sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño diced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- tomato chopped
- avocado diced
- sour cream
- Brown turkey strips in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes then reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper; cook until onion is soft and translucent (5 to 7 minutes). Stir in beans; cook, stirring often, until heated through.
- Wrap mixture in lettuce leaves garnished with desired toppings and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of celery and jicama sticks, radishes, cucumber spears, grape tomatoes, and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Skip the sour cream garnish. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans and salsa (if using) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 201 Calories; 2g Fat; 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 489mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!