Three Bean Chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno
- 8 ounces navy beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 8 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or on HIGH for 1 hour or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some warm corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, broth and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 220 Calories; 2g Fat; 14g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1947mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!