Thai-Style Shrimp with Angel Hair
- 8 ounces whole wheat Angel Hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cook pasta according package directions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add green onions, ginger, and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in coconut milk, soy sauce, broth, salt and pepper; whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan and bring mixture to a soft boil.
- Stir in shrimp and cook until opaque (2 to 3 minutes). Remove skillet from heat and stir in prepared pasta along with chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of shrimp, use extra-firm tofu. KOSHER: Instead of shrimp, use cooked, diced chicken breast meat. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and broth are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 306 Calories; 10g Fat; 22g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 647mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!