Thai-Style Pork with Wilted Spinach
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch cutlets
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting over medium heat.
- Add garlic, gingerroot, lime zest and leeks; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or just until onion is becoming translucent. Add next 8 ingredients (pork cutlets through black pepper), stirring gently.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes or until cutlets are done (or just slightly pink in the centers), turning once half way through cooking time.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and toss with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure water chestnuts, soy sauce and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 196 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 743mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!