Thai Style Beef Wraps
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup red onion sliced
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 12 whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- In a medium bowl, toss steak strips with garlic, ginger, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat; add steak strips and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium; add broth and lime juice and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add onion, bell pepper and cilantro; cook until onion is soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve in warm tortillas and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob and serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties cut into strips. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 412 Calories; 11g Fat; 24g Protein; 56g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 974mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!