Thai Beef Salad
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup red onion sliced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, toss together first 6 ingredients (steak strips through black pepper).
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add steak strips, onion, and bell pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until steak is browned; remove from heat and set aside. Arrange baby spinach on dinner plates; top with steak strips, red onion, bell pepper and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, jalapeno and honey; drizzle over salads or serve on the side. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and sesame breadsticks on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties sliced into strips. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 177 Calories; 6g Fat; 18g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 458mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!