- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chunky salsa
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 8 ounces Spaghetti pasta prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large, deep, non-stick skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat.
- When meat is half cooked, add the onion and bell pepper; cook and stir till meat is done. Drain, then add black beans, chili powder and cumin; blend well. Stir in salsa and tomato sauce; blend well.
- Bring mixture to a slow boil, stirring often. Serve over prepared pasta and top each serving with a few tablespoons of grated cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side; add some warm, buttered corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa, black beans and tomato sauce are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per serving: 511 Calories; 9g Fat; 22g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 979mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!