Tex Mex Pork Chops
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD: Cook brown rice in time for dinner.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Season pork chops evenly on both sides with chili powder and cumin then add to the skillet and brown for 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm. Reduce skillet heat to medium; add broth and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return pork chops to the skillet then stir in salsa, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Reduce skillet heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chops are cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened, adding more broth if needed.
- Serve over brown rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 351 Calories; 11g Fat; 34g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!