Tex Mex One-Dish Beef with Rice
- 3/4 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 ounces diced green chilis
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice.
- Brown the ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat; drain.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium then add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt; cook until onion is translucent (5 to 7 minutes).
- Stir in rice, beans, and chilies; heat through.
- Stir in tomato and cilantro and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans and chilies are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 332 Calories; 3g Fat; 12g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 420mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!