Taste of Asia Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup red wine or use low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chopped, seeded
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak trimmed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces Chinese noodles
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate flank steak overnight or for at least 8 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 8 ingredients (wine through garlic); pour off 1/4 cup of this marinade, cover it tightly and refrigerate for later use.
- Place flank steak in the bag with remaining marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM.
- Remove steak from marinade, and grill for 8 to 12 minutes, brushing with reserved marinade until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, transfer marinade from plastic bag to small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Remove steak from grill to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, steam broccoli and prepare noodles.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain (diagonally); serve over noodles with steamed broccoli, and drizzle the sauce over all.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sesame breadsticks on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use veggie patties and the same marinade, but marinate for only 5 minutes (or the patties will fall apart) and DO NOT GRILL; cook in a skillet on the stovetop. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth), soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. Use gluten-free noodles. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 340 Calories; 9g Fat; 25g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 310mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!