Tangy Pineapple Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 6 ounces crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add pork chops and brown for 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm. Add broth to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in pineapple, vinegar, soy sauce, onion, and bell pepper.
- Return pork chops to the skillet then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes (adding more broth if needed) or until chops are cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened. Meanwhile, prepare couscous.
Serve chops over couscous, drizzled with sauce. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free. Use quinoa instead of couscous. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 346 Calories; 11g Fat; 34g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 279mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!