Sweet Spiced Salmon
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless salmon fillets 6-oz.
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread melted ghee (or coconut oil) in a 9- x 11-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl, combine spices and herbs (black pepper through oregano); sprinkle mixture evenly over salmon.
- Place fillets in prepared pan and drizzle the honey over the top; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 309 Calories; 13g Fat; 34g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 589mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrate. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!