Sundried Tomato Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small onion minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour or almond meal or use coconut flour or meal
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare meatloaf mixture and marinate overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT ghee or coconut oil; blend thoroughly with your very clean hands.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with the ghee or coconut oil.
- Fit meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 538 Calories; 40g Fat; 32g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 158mg Cholesterol; 732mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 15
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!