Sun-dried Honey Chicken
- 1 medium red onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe). Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, except chicken and ghee (or coconut oil); pulse until smooth.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour sauce on top. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At time of cooking, remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through; remove from pan and keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced and thickened; serve over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower until tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 322 Calories; 6g Fat; 41g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 208mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!