Strawberry Basil Snapper
- 6 red snapper fillets 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate snapper for 15 minutes (see recipe).
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH or oven broiler.
- Season fillets evenly with salt and pepper then grill/broil for 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until just opaque.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, strawberries and basil; heat through.
- Serve strawberry/basil mixture over grilled/broiled fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf, steamed green beans, and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of snapper. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 175 Calories; 2g Fat; 35g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!