Spritzed Lamb Chops
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 lamb chops
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients EXCEPT lamb chops.
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade on top.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove lamb from marinade and place in a large baking pan.
- Cover with foil wrap and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn chops; return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed rutabagas (mash cooked diced rutabagas with a little ghee or coconut oil, coconut milk, and ground nutmeg); add a medley of steamed baby carrots with broccoli and cauliflower florets. NUTRITION: per serving: 628 Calories; 51g Fat; 32g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 623mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 1/2 Fat. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!