- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups red potatoes chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add chicken strips and cook until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, carrots and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed kale on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Herbes de Provence and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 306 Calories; 5g Fat; 46g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 620mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!