Spicy Hawaiian Beef Skewers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic pressed and divided
- 1 pound beef chuck roast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion quartered
- 2 large jalapeños thickly sliced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- olive oil
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Wooden toothpicks OR small skewers
- Aluminum foil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Soak toothpicks or skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking, to prevent burning. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place salt, pepper, paprika, and half of the garlic; shake to combine. Add beef cubes and shake well to coat.
- Alternately thread beef cubes, onion, jalapeno slices and pineapple cubes onto toothpicks or skewers. Rub with remaining garlic, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and place on a lightly oiled metal rack or trivet in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- To serve, arrange spinach equally on dinner plates and top with beef skewers.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve Cauli-Rice on the side (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 161 Calories; 4g Fat; 18g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 541mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!