Spicy Garlic Ginger Pork with Kale
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch cutlets
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add cayenne pepper, garlic, gingerroot and onion; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or just until onion is becoming translucent.
- Add pork cutlets, carrot, broth, soy sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper, stirring gently. Cover and cook for 10 minutes then turn cutlets and continue to cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until cutlets are done or just slightly pink in the middle.
- Add kale and stir until wilted. Serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken breast meat. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, broth and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 210 Calories; 6g Fat; 29g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 957mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!