Spicy Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 tablespoons salsa plus more for garnish if desired
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce
- Optional toppings:
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, paprika, and carrot; sauté until onion is tender and fragrant and carrot has softened a little. Add broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black beans; blend well and heat through; stir in salsa.
- Serve mixture in lettuce leaves with desired toppings, roll up and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of celery and jicama sticks, cherry tomatoes and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, beans, and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 146 Calories; 3g Fat; 8g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!