Soy Glazed Ginger and Cilantro Salmon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon lime zest
- olive oil
- 6 6-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare Jasmine rice.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 9 ingredients (salt through lime zest). Place salmon in a lightly oiled 9- x 13-inch baking dish; top evenly with sliced red onion then pour prepared sauce over the top.
- Broil fillets for 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or they flake easily when tested with a fork. Top with chopped cilantro and serve over Jasmine rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of salmon. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 340 Calories; 6g Fat; 37g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 642mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!