Southwestern Veggie Quiche
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon diced jalapeño
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/4 cups black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated low fat Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch pie pan. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add next 5 ingredients (garlic through black pepper) and cook for about 15 seconds.
- Stir in jalapeno, onion, black beans, bell pepper and tomato; sauté until onion is tender and beans are heated through (7 to 10 minutes) then remove from heat and set aside to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine slightly cooled veggie mixture with eggs and cheese; blend well then pour into prepared pie pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until center is set. Slice, serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and some whole grain rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 117 Calories; 4g Fat; 8g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 550mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!