Southwestern Style Turkey Skillet
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 7.5 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice. Brown the ground turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; cook until onion is translucent (5 to 7 minutes). Stir in cooked rice, beans, corn and salsa.
- Bring mixture to a slight boil and cook until corn is heated through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. Add some warm corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 266 Calories; 6g Fat; 17g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 37mg Cholesterol; 416mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!