Southwestern Style Meatloaf
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese optional
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup salsa
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place next 13 ingredients (ground beef through black pepper); using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly.
- Place mixture in a loaf pan and top with salsa; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use kosher ground beef and skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste, roasted red peppers, and salsa are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 386 Calories; 8g Fat; 16g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 678mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!