Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 30 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 14.5-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place roast in a slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until roast is fork-tender. Stir well, pull pork apart, and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve pork/bean mixture in warmed whole wheat flour tortillas; add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace pork with 30 ounces of garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). KOSHER: Substitute pork with boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 272 Calories; 5g Fat; 23g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 952mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!