Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Wraps
- 1 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup onion sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 8 leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese shredded
- Place steak strips in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine next 7 ingredients (onion through Italian seasoning) and pour mixture over steak strips.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until steak strips are fork-tender. Stir well, then scoop mixture into Romaine lettuce leaves with a slotted spoon; top with Swiss cheese and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steak strips and veggies in split hoagie rolls, if desired. Add a bowl or raw baby carrots on the side. KOSHER: Use kosher beef, and vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. Skip the cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, broth and Italian Seasoning are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 293 Calories; 13g Fat; 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 282mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!