Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup with Chicken
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced Zucchini
- 8 ounces navy beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1 8-oz. package elbow macaroni prepared according to package directions
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except macaroni; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours or until heated through and veggies are tender-crisp. Raise slow cooker heat setting to HIGH; add macaroni and cook until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side; add some crusty bread. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with an additional 30 ounces navy beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetable broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, beans, tomatoes, and Herbes de Provence are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 331 Calories; 2g Fat; 32g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 822mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!