Slow Cooker Lemon Basil Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin cut into 2-inch cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- Place cutlets in a slow cooker; toss with black pepper, garlic, dried basil and lemon zest then add lemon juice, onion and broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until cutlets are cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use 30 ounces of white beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). KOSHER: Instead of pork, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 217 Calories; 5g Fat; 36g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 250mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!