Slow Cooker Creamy Basil Onion Pork Chops
- olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Place onion and crushed red pepper flakes in a well-oiled slow cooker and arrange pork chops on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, evaporated milk, broth and basil; pour mixture over pork chops. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until pork chops are fork-tender.
- Stir in baby spinach until wilted; serve.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised cabbage and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for pork chops and use soy milk in place of evaporated milk. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 274 Calories; 10g Fat; 36g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 239mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!