Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with Spinach
- 6 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine or use additional broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped leek
- 2 cups chopped red potatoes
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Place chicken in a slow cooker; add remaining ingredients, except spinach.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until chicken is fork-tender and can be easily shredded. Stir in spinach and cook until just wilted (just a minute or two!).
- Divide into bowls and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, radishes, and whole black olives; add some whole grain rolls and butter on the side. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with 30 ounces navy beans or garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed or homemade) and cook on LOW for 7 hours or less, depending on your slow cooker. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (if using) and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 238 Calories; 2g Fat; 32g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!